Yuri is a professional acrobat based out of Las Vegas, who has studied martial arts, gymnastics, circus arts, weight lifting and dance. With his self-taught background, Yuri has a unique way of teaching acrobatic skills and body awareness to adults with no prior experience.
This workshop is everything you need to know about the process of developing a freestanding handstand and beyond. All levels are welcome. Beginners will learn how to build good habits for their future practice, while advanced participants will learn how to refine their practice down to a science and be able to teach it.
- Warmup and joint preparation specific to hand balancing.
- Handstand alignment used both as a diagnostic tool and body shaping exercise.
- Theory behind arm support and body tension in regards to hand balancing.
- How to gradually build comfort in inversion, eventually combining inversion with am support.
- The safest way to bail out of a handstand, ensuring you can always land on your feet.
- The theory of balance, how to develop the reflex of being able to correct yourself in a handstand.
- Entry into a handstand that allows for greater control of balance.
- Learning how to save yourself from falling out of a handstand by breaking alignment.
Further topics may be included, time permitting.
Time: 9:30am to 4:30pm (2hr lunch break)
Price: $225 General admission - $150 For anyone who has taken a previous workshop with Yuri. Email email@example.com to receive your discount code if you have taken a previous workshop
See "Products" Page to reserve your spot
What to bring: Comfortable clothing, water some snack foods/lunch